map-marker Naples, Florida

Could not set up online account

I keep getting information that my credentials do not match. Obviously they have a problem with their website but customer service not helpful,
map-marker New Market, Alabama

Horrible customer service. Broken promises of being told they will have a supervisor call back.

Freedom Mortgage took over my mortgage from another company. I did not get my loan through them.

I have excellent credit (above 850) and payment history.

My home is on a "private road" the development was built over 20 years ago and county water lines were not run down the private roads. All home sites had private water lines run to the main road to connect to the county water main.

Our home owners association has been working with the county for the past 2 years to get a "county" water line run down our road. All homeowners must release "easement permission" to the county to install the water lines. We have hired attorneys to make sure the project is done legally and correctly.

The attorneys require signed paperwork from the mortgage companies for the properties that have a mortgage. The paperwork was sent to Freedom Mortgage in March of 2020 (Freedom took over my Mortgage on 1 March and no one will give me supervisory of management personnel to talk with about this and to find out if the legal department is going to send the required documents back to the neighborhood attorney so the county can start our water line project.

Very frustrating. Constantly on hold when I call.

Finally got a "supervisor" he said he would personally call me back within 72 hours, never happened. It's all such a big secret...I have never experienced such an unprofessional way of doing business.

Freedom Mortgage Reply:
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Customer Care. Please email me directly at LetUsHelp@freedommortgage.com with your loan number and property address and the issue you are having, and I will have it reviewed with the appropriate supervisor.
Deana Ydv

This Mortage company is scam artist!!!!!!

John B Glc

Failure to communicate and close in timely manner

Initial mortgage paperwork for refinance was drawn up and provided by initial contact. It was incorrect as it had me paying for VA origination ~$780 which as a disabled vet is waived.

When I called about it Freedom said my VA certificate said I wasn't eligible. I said something's wrong and when they sent me the certificate it was for someone else. Obviously the names didn't match but Freedom failed to recognize that. Moving forward from that we were given closing date 20 April then just before closing the date was changed] to 23 April the before that they said we were not closing on 23 April.

All the time we're having to call to find out what's going on. They said they didn't have a payoff amount...my loan is with Freedom Mortgage now...how hard can it be to get that number. It's 2 May and we still don't have a closing date. No one knows what anyone else is doing in a mortgage process that is passed from person to person like an assembly line.

You never know who to talk to and is working your mortgage.

CRAZY! Avoid the hassles and go with another company is my advice.

Freedom Mortgage Reply:
Hi John, it is very disappointing to hear your experience has been unsatisfactory. I really do want to help. Would you please send me additional details about what occurred, so I may investigate this issue further? Please include your loan number and property address in the email. My email address is LetUsHelp@freedommortgage.com. Thank you.
Preferred solution:

Deliver product or service ordered

map-marker Pinckney, Michigan

I was to be transferred to the loan mod/loss mitigation department to speak to someone re: my mtg hardship/C19 virus situation and was transferred to new employee setup for software/hardware needs.

I waited for probably more than a combined 3 hours, trying to reach someone in general customer service dept to discuss my situation and was told they will transfer me to the "loan mod/loss mitigation dept" and gave up after 3 hrs efforts. There is NO direct ph # for mtg customers to call to this particular dept.....WHY??

I ended up being transferred to "new employee hardware/software setup dept" not to the loan mod/loss mitigation dept., and ....was told I was caller #19....(I am NOT a new employee of Freedom mtg) dialed up the main # again, and have over another 37 minute wait per the auto voice. FYI their main web or your paper mtg monthly statement does NOT, repeat NOT tell you where to mail any escrow shortages....why?

Freedom Mortgage Reply:
Hi, thank you for providing feedback. Our Customer Care team is handeling a major influx of customer inquiries due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, but we assure you we are doing our best to assist each and every one of our customers to the best of our ability.
SAVANNAH H Rgb

COVID 19 NO RELIEF FOR PAYMENTS

I SPOKE WITH A CUSTOMER REP ON 4/16/202 AND ASKED IF FREEDOM MORTGAGE WAS DOING WHAT OTHER MORTGAGE COMPANIES ARE DOING BY OFFERING A DEFERRED PAYMENT. I WAS NEVER GIVEN A "YES" OR "NO" BUT WAS IMMEDIATELY TOLD ABOUT THE FORBEARANCE...ARE YOU KIDDING ME, IF I CAN'T PAY MY MRTG NOW, HOW THE *** YOU THINK I CAN PAY IT ALL AT ONCE WHEN IT BECOMES DUE. I HATE THIS MRTG COMPANY AND WISHED (IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW) I COULD CHANGE FROM THIS COMPANY HOLDING MY NOTE, I WOULD TRANSFER MY NOTE IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Freedom Mortgage Reply:
Savannah, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Customer Care. Please email me directly at LetUsHelp@freedommortgage.com with your loan number and property address and the issue you are having, and I will have it reviewed with the appropriate supervisor.
Preferred solution:

DEFERRED PAYMENTS FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS!

map-marker Middletown, Connecticut

Horrible service

Horrible service, repeated computer and statement errors. Very lengthy hold times to reach anyone if you can.

Elizabeth M Sou

Verified Reviewer

Poor customer service/reports incorrect information to credit bureaus

I am a 22-year Veteran and I have been a Freedom Mortgage customer for 9 years. During this time, they have incorrectly reported to credit bureaus (2 times) that I was 30-days late on payments.

I had to basically prove my case that it was their fault/error and go back and forth on multiple occasions during this process...one was resolved, the other I am still working on and have hired a lawyer. I have 2 mortgages with Freedom and one with Quicken/Rocket Mortgage and I have to say Rocket Mortgages customer service is top-notch and financing with them was streamlined.

They NEVER misplaced paperwork and are very professional/customer service reps are exceptional.

When I tried refinancing a current Freedom VA loan just recently, the financing department misplaced paperwork and I had to turn in documents multiple times. So I stopped the process and will be going through the refinance with Rocket Mortgage.

Freedom Mortgage Reply:
Elizabeth, I'm sorry to hear your experience has not been completely satisfactory. Would you please send me additional details about what occurred, so I may investigate the issue? Please include your loan number and property address in the email. My email address is LetUsHelp@freedommortgage.com. Thank you.
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Neglects customers

Let the company propose a solution

Guest

Same here!!!

James G Zac

| map-marker Redding, California

Bi weekly payment Amortization Schedule

I'm doing a refi right now with Clear Path Lending. I asked who they would be selling my loan to and they said Freedom Mortgage.

I was with you a few years ago. My loan won't close until June 1st. The reason for that is that I did a refi with cashout recently.

What I wanted to ask is do you still allow bi-weekly payments done automatically?

I'll want to do that. The other thing is that I would like to get an amortization schedule from you from day one.

James Graves

Freedom Mortgage Reply:
Hi James, thank you for reaching out and providing your feedback. We look forward to assisting you with your home and if you have any further questions or there is anything additional we can do to assist you please email us directly at LetUsHelp@freedommortgage.com.
map-marker Monroe, Georgia

Freedom Mortgage - Very Bad Customer Service

My VA loan was sold to Freedom Mortgage just a little over a year ago. My wife and I have owned 4 homes over the last 30 years and Freedom Mortgage is the WORSE!!!!

that we have ever dealt with. When I have a problem and have to call them, my average wait has been anywhere from 20 mins. up to 1 hour. When you get to speak to someone, each customer service rep will give a different answer, no one is on the same page, and when you ask to speak with a supervisor, their attitudes are worse, they're rude and can care less about your problem.

They're slow to post your payments, I was attempting to pay extra into my escrow account and almost every time, it would be applied to the wrong place, I started in 2020 paying more into my escrow and they sent it back saying, I couldn't do that. The customer service is so bad, I decided that I would rather pay a higher interest rate than continue to do business with this company. Right now, I'm attempting to do a REFI of my VA loan with a lower interest rate, our request was received on March 10, 2020, and as of April 3rd,2020, they have still not sent the payoff of our loan which caused us to miss our new closing date. When I called Freedom again, I asked to speak with a supervisor and his attitude was the worse.

This company clearly doesn't care about its customers and they clearly don't care about who they put out in front of their company that is supposed to be there to help customers. So right now, we don't have a closing date because we don't know when and if they will send a payoff letter to the new mortgage company.

I've asked my new mortgage company if there is any way possible, " DO NOT SALE OUR LOAN TO FREEDOM MORTGAGE " or I will never do business with them again. I am also going to contact the Veteran Administration and complain about the pour customer this company gives its veterans.

Elizabeth M Sou

I agree, wish I never did business with this company!

map-marker Houston, Texas

Longest Hold Times I've Ever Been On

I sold my home and was expecting my escrow balance back mailed to me. Over a month later, I still haven't received it so I figured they were due a phone call. I understand we're are currently in a crisis, so I expect some extended hold time, but not an hour.

Freedom Mortgage Reply:
Hi, would you please send me additional details about what occurred, so I may investigate the issue? Please include your loan number and property address in the email. My email address is LetUsHelp@freedommortgage.com. Thank you.
Nkaukageois S

Service

Need payout to be sent to title company and myself. Requested on Monday.

Today is Thursday, lady named Sandy with ID 2104 states it takes 3 business days. I called yesterday and spoke to another rep, (the name and id # is at home on a notepad) who stated it would be delivered today as requested.

What a bunch of bull. FREEDOM MORTGAGE ***

Freedom Mortgage Reply:
Hi Nkaukageois, we appreciate your patience during these unprecendeted times. Would you please send me additional details about what occurred, so I may investigate the issue? Please include your loan number and property address in the email. My email address is LetUsHelp@freedommortgage.com. Thank you.
Pros:
  • Paper statements
Cons:
  • Every aspect of any and all interaction with freedom mortgage
  • Impolite

Let the company propose a solution

map-marker Lancaster, New York

To determine if there are any state or federal investigations of this company.

Given the number of complaints against Freedom mortgage why hasn't there been any Federal or State investigations of their business practices?

User's recommendation: I would NEVER do business with them, again!!!

Sharon S Beu

Verified Buyer

| map-marker New Smyrna Beach, Florida

VA assumption at 9 months and still counting

Freedom Mortgage - VA assumption at 9 months and still counting

I have a VA buyer that has been in the process of trying to assume a VA loan for the last 9 months. We have been under contract since April 7th 2023 the buyer and seller have provided all documents in a reasonable timeline 24 to 48 hours from request.

The loan was approved in August then suddenly no calls or updates. Next we are told we need to restart the process with a list of new conditions that was in Oct then on Dec 7th we were told the loan is in the final underwriting but they are backed up. We are now going into the 10 month of this process. The seller lives out of state and the buyer is now renting the home from the seller until closing.

There is no excuse for the lack of updates we have copies of all the documents which the lender keeps saying were never uploaded into the system.

I can see no excuse for all these issues and delays. The documents and updates we request we have to correct since the loan officer keeps making mistakes or wrong request. They seem to have a lack of training.

I feel the VA needs to investigate the lender for wrong doing. This seems to be intentional and is harming VET's that are just trying to buy a home.

User's recommendation: Find another lender.

Dwyanne J

| map-marker Houston, Texas

Payment Reject on THEIR Website

I paid my mortgage before due date, noted on their website for electronic payment. Payment rejected on their website Now, I have to bring in an actual check to their office. What kind of setup is this!?

User's recommendation: Payment made on their website ... don't do it. Take directly to their business office

Rodney G Ecj

Personal

Taxes and escrow accounts. Help me to understand why my question cannot be answered. Call me for an explanation of what I am talking about
Loss:
Cons:
  • Nonexistent

Preferred solution: Straight answers

User's recommendation: More knowledgeable customers met service personnelMore info

Claudia V Cne

Verified Reviewer

Freedom Mortgage FAILED to pay my insurance and it was canceled!

Freedom Mortgage FAILED to pay my insurance and it was canceled!
Freedom Mortgage FAILED to pay my insurance and it was canceled! - Image 2

Freedom Mortgage acquired my loan from my previous lender which I was very happy with. Since they assumed my loan my mortgage payment went up almost $500 a month AND they failed to pay my hazard insurance so my provider dropped me due to non payment.

They refused to reinstate me. Now I'm being threatened with a more expensive insurance and less coverage, courtesy of Freedom Mortgage. Also, since my policy lapsed due to Freedom Mortgage's negligence, I'm having a hard time finding coverage. The kicker!

Now I'm being informed I have to have TWO policies, including one for fire coverage. This company is a scam and if you read today's news, The Consumer Finance Protection Board Fined Freedom Mortgage $1.75 Million For Illegal Kickbacks! Just look them up. They have lots of successful suits against them for various reasons.

This company is TRASH.

Avoid them if you can. I pray my loan is sold to someone who is more competent than this company.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Escrow mismangement

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article