3.3K views

. I have had some financial difficulties last year that caused me to get behind on my mortgage.

I filled for loss mitigation in October of 2016. And every month since the mortgage company Freedom mortgage has continued to ask for more and more information. Including letters that they said weren't signed but were. Last month I was even told to send the whole packet in again because the original packet had expired.

So I did and sent it certified mail. On May 8th I received a letter from them saying after 7 months of going back and forth my claim was denied. " contributor to sign all docs." When I called I was told they weren't signed by your co-borrower. I don't have a co-borrower so who am I suppose to get to sign this paper.

I feel that the mortgage company has drug me for so long to ensure foreclosure was inevitable. I feel they never had any intention of helping me. I've had to claim financial hard ship in the 2011 and it only took a month. Since this mortgage company has taken over my loan it has been a disaster.

I believe that if they drug me out for 7 months now almost 8. They're doing it to others. Need help investigating. My financial loss last year was 85,000 different then the year before.

Doesn't seem like that would take 7 months to figure out.

I have also attempted several times to speak directly with loss mitigations or a boss. Without any success

Product or Service Mentioned: Freedom Mortgage Mortgage Refinance.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

I have the same issues and the same thing with the loss mitigation packets they send me. They tell me the same that the previous one has expired and want more of the same information.

I have been dragged out almost a year and with them telling me the same thing over and being denied numerous times I have turned to legal help.

The law firm I am currently getting assistance from is Open Sky legal. They do help with anything and everything and they are a 4.9 star rating service.

Same here

Dawn S

Lisa Marie, I have been in the same situation. After months of filing the "Loss Mitigation" and refiling because I supposedly didn't have all the proper paperwork, I blasted them with more paperwork then they knew what to do with!

I received the "Facially Complete" letter also. I was SO relieved. Now keep in mind that I have still been paying on my "debt" and trying to catch up. The other day I received their denial for any assistance.

The only thing they "approved" me for was a "Pre-Foreclosure" sale. I just sent the appeal so we'll see how it goes.These people are a joke! They don't want to help anyone. I have combed the internet and have seen absolutely NO success stories with these people.

It's like they want you to fail. I went from being 4 full months behind to 2 full months since they started harassing me about their "Intent to Foreclose". I have shown that I am trying and am capable of catching up but they don't care. Jokes on them though, because I nor them will get anywhere near what I owe if the house is sold!

Unfortunately I purchased a lemon off a hacker.

So my home has so many problems now. Please let me know how you make out and Good Luck!

Raini

I am having a very similar experience! Last year I was diagnosed with cervical cancer.

I had to have a few different procedures done then eventually an entire hysterectomy. I was off work for 3 months. Ever since then I have fallen behind by one mortgage payment. I have been back and forth with them over this situation and they have been very unhelpful.

They say they will send me a loss mitigation package that never comes, they want to set me up on a payment plan to catch up but *** the payment plan has me paying back an additional $500 a payment that I simply just do not have to spare for the next 4 months. Finally I got a loss mitigation packet in the mail and have filled it out. 3 weeks go by and I do not hear anything back from them, so I call them. They then inform me that I need more documentation?

But what they are asking for I already sent in? So they gave me an email to send it all in on. I sent in the exact same things and a week goes by without hearing anything AGAIN. So I call again.

I am then informed that they need additional documentation plus a signed and dated tax return. I do not have a signed and dated tax return because I filed electronically. The agent tells me I have to call the tax prep place to figure it out. After calling H and R Block they tell me exactly what I already knew, that it will not have signatures on it because it was filed electronically.

The date is clearly stated on it all. So now they are acting like I cannot complete my package because of this? I really believe you are right. They do not want to help anyone.

I have had nothing but trouble with them from the moment I switched to them. I wish I would've done my research before deciding to go with this company.

Hello, I am currently going through the same with Freedom. After 12 years I had a hardship, filed for Remod, my remod was $700 higher than they agreed too per month.

Since I was behind with equity I listed for sale and went under contract within 7 days of listing. To avoid other debts and be able to start over I did file Chapter 7 retaining the property as you can use the homestead as an exemption. Discharge went through, my contract to sell was taken to Clerk of Courts to enforce Freedom to sell, however every time I call them they claim I filed on the property and they aren't allowed to speak to me. They never took the time to actually read my Chpt.

7 filing and have ignored the Order to sell. I don't even know how I ended up with Freedom I always made my payments to NY Bank which is also who my mortgage contract is with, however, Freedom's attorney has MY signature on their application with Freedom's name on it, not NY Banks. Meanwhile, nothing ever gets resolved and every person you speak to has a different issue with something and no idea what they talking about.

I am getting to the point that if they continue to create additional financial damages to my equity they are going to get sued for negligence and damages. I feel like I am not the only person this is happening too.

Freedom_Mortgage

Hi, it is disappointing to hear your experience was unsatisfactory. I really do want to help.

Would you please send me additional details about what occurred, so I may investigate the issue? Please include your loan number and property address in the email.

My email address is LetUsHelp@freedommortgage.com. Thank you.

@Freedom_Mortgage

I sent you mine, please review.

Zakariye

I am in the same boat as you. I took the same measures and I was denied twice.

I have hired a legal team by the name of open sky legal and are currently working on my case.

This mortgage company is the devil and their intentions are to force you to file for bankruptcy. I should have just called quicken loans.

The company is doing the same thing to me. I even have email proof that I sent all the information.

They also refuse to take any new payments. Something is shady.

Same here

Shaquetta

Should I just file ch13 instead of messing with them I can catch it up just had a bump in life but im good now how much to file ch13

@Shaquetta

It’s like 1,800 to file. Most lawyers offer free consultation and payment plans

Rafel S

Same thing with us. we would sign paperwork and submit them and they would never have them, or there was something else to do.

Once we completed that and submitted, they claim to never receive it. That went in from March or April 2018, until October/November of 2018.

They’re terrible! You can never get anything resolved in a single phone call!

Halden

Please someone tell me the way to best handle this. I had been going round with Freedom mortgage also.

We had gotten behind on our payments. I called on February 4 , I asked if I could wait until next week to make a payment as I had just made a payment on the January 31 . We were hoping to push out until Feb 15. The woman I spoke to said no problem, you are only 90days past .

I called back the following week to provide documents for mitigation . We had been working on the mitigation process since October of the previous year with a complete run around. I am sure your familiar with the typical cant open a document or didn't receive it or cant read. Needless to say When I called back on February 12 to send over document nothing had been spoke about.

On February 14 , I called to make our mortgage payment and I was told they have put our account in Foreclosure. Now I have been trying to make payments and rectify . They wont take payments. I was told today February 27 we are denied mitigation and they are moving forward on foreclosure.

On the 20th I requested reenstatement paper work to pay off past balance . They wont let us and they claim they don't have those numbers together. They say a supervisor or manager will call you that doesn't happen .

Please does anyone have a possitive side too all of this !! !

@Halden

I’m so sorry! This is the exact thing that happened to me.

One of their reps privately told me about HomeSafe program in Georgia though that provide financial assistance for mortgages. I’m Not sure what state you’re in but check around and I’m sure there’s a program near to help!

@Halden

Good luck!

I am going through this right now it's terrible. They ask me for documents I send them.

I follow up with a call they tell me they received them. I call back in a few days they tell me I am missing the very same documents going on months now.

I have been dealing with the same issues and have not been allowed to pay mortgage since it started years ago. If anyone has found a way to get them to respond and fix there issues please post.

I’m thinking that this may call for a class action law suit.

@Anonymous

I'm in same thing happening to me

Freedom Mortgage Reviews